PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY
HOW DO WE ENSURE THAT YOUR INFORMATION IS SECURE?
We will maintain practices and procedures designed to ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of your information. We restrict and limit access to your information only to those of our employees or our trusted service providers who need it to carry out their business functions and we educate our employees about safeguarding customer information and preventing its unauthorized access, disclosure or use. This being said, the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat these measures or use your information for improper purposes.
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
You do not have to give us any of your information in order to use most of our website. However, if you wish to receive our newsletter and other marketing materials, you will need to provide us with your email address. In addition, we may automatically collect information about the website that you came from or are going to. We also collect information on which pages of our website you visit, IP addresses, the type of browser you use and the times you access our website. However, this information is aggregated and is not used to identify you.
HOW WILL WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
The information we collect allows us to:
- administer our website and provide customer services;
- meet legal, regulatory and compliance requirements;
- monitor and analyze the use of any account to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime;
- gather management information to form statistical and trend analysis;
- communicate with you;
- send you marketing communications by email (for example, newsletters containing information about other Helen of Troy products or services we think may be of interest to you);
- request feedback from you and send you surveys to enable us to develop, customize and improve Helen of Troy products and services;
- investigate any complaints about the website; and
- personalize your experience of the website.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE SHARE AND WITH WHOM?
This website also uses Google Ads’ free conversion tracking features on certain pages. If you contact us online, the destination page will have code on it that will help us understand the path you took to arrive on that page.
DoubleClick: We use Google Ads remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
In certain circumstances, we may share your information with trusted service providers that need access to your information to provide operational or other support services. To ensure the confidentiality and security of your information, service providers must agree to safeguard your information in strict compliance with our policy.
We also may provide information to regulatory authorities and law enforcement officials in accordance with applicable law or when we otherwise believe in good faith that the law requires it. In the event of a sale of all or part of one of our businesses, we may share customer information related to that business as part of the transaction.
If you subscribe to receive marketing messages from Seabreeze, you will receive our newsletter and/or other marketing materials.
We do not sell, lease or rent your information to third parties for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to receive such marketing communications from Helen of Troy, you may withdraw your consent by:
- unsubscribing by following the link provided in each email marketing communication you receive; or
- emailing us at [email protected]
The cookies that are configured by us do not contain any personal data, such as your name or your credit/ debit card details. This data is collected automatically and utilized in aggregate to help us look for trends so that we can improve our website and your Hot Tools experience. The cookies also allow us to recognize you when you return to our site and to provide you with a customized experience that we feel will be of value to you.
In particular, we use the following cookies on the website:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your login details or shopping basket items cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies These cookies collect anonymous information on how people use our Website. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our site, browse or use our site and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
- Functionality Cookies These cookies remember choices you make such as the country you visit our website from, language and search parameters such as size, color or product line. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. Most web browsers allow you to exercise control over cookie files on your computer by erasing them, blocking them, or notifying you when such a file is stored. Please take a look at your particular browser for instructions on this function. If you do elect to disable the Hot Tools cookie, please note that you may not be able to take full advantage of a personalized experience at hottools.com. To find out more about cookies please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
HOW CAN I UPDATE MY INFORMATION?
You may contact us at the number provided below to request to review, correct or update the information which we hold on you.
HOW CAN I CONTACT SEA BREEZE?
If you have any questions about this policy or your information, please contact us using the following details:
PROFESSIONAL CONSUMER SERVICES
Fax:(915) 225-8017 Business Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. (MST)
One Helen of Troy Plaza, El Paso, TX 79912